SECTION 9 - Fireplaces and Chimneys
A. Items to be identified and reported:
1. Chimneys, flues, dampers and associated components.
2. Fireboxes, hearth extensions and permanently installed accessory components.
3. Manufactured solid-fuel or gas-burning appliances.
B. The inspector is not required to:
1. Determine adequacy of draft, perform a smoke test, or dismantle or remove any component.
2. Examine the structural integrity of fireplaces and chimneys.
3. Examine or operate ancillary or non-permanently installed components.