SECTION 1- Foundations & Basements
A. Items to be identified and reported:
1. Foundation and other support components.
2. Under-floor ventilation.
3. Location of opening(s) entered to each accessible under-floor area.
4. Wood separation from soil.
5. Presence of drainage systems or sump pumps within foundation footprint.
6. Presence or absence of seismic anchoring and bracing components.
B. The inspector is not required to:
1. Enter under-floor areas that are not accessible or where entry could cause damage or pose a hazard to the inspector.
2. Move stored items, vegetation or debris, or perform any excavations or other intrusive testing to gain access.
3. Operate or evaluate adequacy of sump pumps or drainage systems.
4. Identify size, spacing, location or adequacy of foundation bolting and bracing components or reinforcement systems.
5. Perform any intrusive examination or testing, or use any special equipment such as, but not limited to, levels, probes or meters.