1. Heating equipment and operation using normal user controls.
2. Venting systems.
3. Combustion and ventilating air.
4. Energy source and connections.
5. Heating distribution system(s) including a representative sampling of ducting, duct insulation, outlets, radiators, piping systems and valves.
1. Examine or evaluate condition of heat exchangers.
2. Determine uniformity, temperature, airflow or balance of heat supply to any room or building, or examine for warming at any heating system distribution component when access would require steps or a ladder, or determine leakage in any ductwork.
3. Examine electric heater elements or heat pump fluid/gas materials, or examine below ground/slab systems, ducts, fuel tanks and related components.
4. Determine or examine thermostat calibration, heat anticipation, or automatic setbacks or clocks.
5. Examine radiant or geothermal heat pump systems.
6. Examine any solar-energy heating systems or components.
7. Examine electronic air filtering systems.
8. Operate heat pump systems when the ambient air temperature may damage the equipment, or operate any heat pump system in "emergency" heat mode.
9. Examine humidity control systems and components.